Monday, August 30, 2010

Quilt Fabrics

I've been thinking about how I want to decorate Mackenzie's room when she transitions to a twin bed. It won't be any time soon, but you know me I'm always thinking about the future and what comes next. I've talked to my Granny about making Mackenzie a quilt and I've started looking at fabrics. I'm trying to stay in the pink and brown range for 2 reasons.
1.) the painted letters on her wall are pink and brown to match her current bedding.
2.) her room in the new house is painted pink.

I realize both of these can be changed fairly easily, but why go to that much hassle if you don't need to? Anyways, my first thought was some sort of cherry blossom or floral pattern like these:

Or I could have simple pink and brown with splashes of color like this:

Then I found these, which may work better because it adds more colors to the mix so we don't have sooooo much pink and brown.
I like all of them, but depending on the pattern of the quilt, some may be too busy. I really need to see all of the fabrics in person before I can decide. Maybe after we move I can go look at fabrics at a store. See, this is why I think so far in advance! ;)

What do you think about the fabrics?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...