Friday we got a call from our Realtor saying that the lender of the person buying our house is delaying the closing on our house. Basically, they can't get all their ducks in a row before the scheduled closing on Monday. Now, we won't be closing on Monday, which means we won't be closing on our new house on Wednesday and won't be moving on Thursday! Not only did they delay the closing, but they didn't even give us a delayed date. We are all just left hanging waiting for them to get their act together and produce the closing documents. It's is very frustrating to say the least.
I spent quite a bit of time on Friday calling all of our utility companies for both houses telling them not to connect or disconnect services on the dates previously requested. The worst part was not even being able to give them a new date, so I get to call them all back again whenever I find out we're closing. Yay for me. I also had to call the movers and Mackenzie's current school to tell them she'll be staying longer, but again not having her "last day" finalized yet. I think the only people I still need to call for this first round is Mackenzie's new school telling them her start date has been pushed back. And we probably need to call the furniture people to tell them we can't pick up our furniture this next weekend as planned because we have no room in this current house for another sofa and chair. This is sooo much fun to do!
This weekend I was supposed to pack up the rest of our house and we were going to live out of suitcases and eat off paper plates for 4 day until we moved, but since plans changed, I haven't packed a single box! A lot of our stuff is packed away, but I'm not packing the rest of the stuff until we have somewhere to go!
It will all come together soon, I know, but for now I feel like we are in limbo and just waiting for the phone to ring and tell us to close on our house. Ring! Ring! I'm ready to move!