Friday, July 23, 2010

Gifts from China

A month later, I'm finally posting about the wonderful gifts Brandon brought back from China!

Remember Mackenzie's elephant collection? Now we can add 2 more! One in Jade and one in sandalwood.

While the elephants are very nice, I L-O-V-E my gift!

I requested black pearls with a silver clasp so that they would match the majority of my clothes I wear to work/church. I really really like them and I wear them 2 or 3 times during the work week. For me that's pretty good, because other than my watch, wedding ring and Aggie ring I forget to wear jewelry.

I think Brandon might have been a little hesitant to buy me more jewelry because I don't always wear it. He still gives me a hard time about the amethyst jewelry he bought me before we were married. The necklace and earrings are beautiful, but they are set in gold and other than my wedding ring and Aggie ring I just don't wear much gold. So, unfortunately the amethysts sit in their box they came in waiting for me to take them out and wear them! How sad...

My mom suggested I take them to a jeweler and have them reset in silver or white gold. Has anyone ever done that? Do you take them with a design in mind? Do they have standard designs that could be used so that I don't pay an arm and a leg for custom jewelry? Maybe that will be part of my Christmas gift this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...