Wednesday, June 2, 2010

World Cup

The World Cup begins next week. I know this not because I keep up with Soccer, but because my office is having yet another office pool. For $5 dollars I can attempt to pick the teams starting with the top 16 teams and ending with the World Cup winner.

My office does several pools for different sports throughout the year. I usually participate in the Football pool in the fall and for the last couple of years I've participated in the NCAA Basketball Pool. The winner is required to bring breakfast (actually written in the rules!), so I usually participate as my contribution to a really good breakfast!

I don't keep up with sports, so picking for these pools is really hit or miss. I can usually find stats for the different teams that help me a little, but usually if I do well, it's blind luck! I think the problem I'm going to have with the world cup is the fact that each team is a different country and it only happens every 4 years!

Are there stats for these teams as a whole? How do I know how a team will do when they are comprised of 20 different players from lets say 20 different teams in their country? I haven't begun to look for information at all and I don't know if I will. I might just skip stats and pick names of countries based on information that has nothing to do with soccer. Maybe I'll choose countries that start with the letter I or A? Who knows.

Does anyone have any tips for me? I have to turn in my bracket next week before the first game next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...