Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Trash Guy

There's this guy I see on the side of the road sometimes. He's always in the same block of road, always sweating, and always carrying trash. He's not homeless (from what I can tell) and he doesn't carry a trash bag - just loose trash. He's usually just carrying a few pieces of trash and running to pick up the next piece. I'm not sure if he's part of a highway trash pick up program or if he's just doing it out of goodwill.
I always see him on a weekday (although that may be because I typically drive on this road on weekdays). It's also always around 5:00-5:15 (again maybe for same reason above). I feel like maybe he's walking home from work and just picking up trash on his way home. Am I crazy for thinking that he's crazy for picking up trash? Whenever I see him I smile at the fact that he's picking up trash and then think to myself, "why in the world are you doing that?" I think I just have no desire to walk in the grass along a busy street where cars could accidentally veer off the road and hit you! It could be that same fear that keeps my body parts inside the vehicle (see yesterday's post). I clearly am ok with driving a vehicle, but don't make me walk around a moving vehicle.
The point of this rambling is that I'd let a strip of grass get filled with trash before I'd walk around and pick it up. Good to know. ;)

1 comment:

  1. You are cracking me up with your driving blogs! Maybe I'll have some funny blog material after I start my commute next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...