Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hanging Out

I've noticed recently that a lot of people are letting their arms hang out of their vehicle. This is strange to me for a couple of reasons:
  1. It's June in Houston. Why is your window down in the first place? I have noticed it tends to be men in beat up trucks, so maybe their A/C doesn't work.
  2. When I say "hanging out", I mean literally hanging out of the window. It's not sitting on the door or just a hand hanging out. It's the entire arm just hanging loosely out of the window. It's like they completely ran out of room in the vehicle and their arm has no feeling or nerves so they just let it hang out. I feel like eventually the arm would fall asleep and what if they need to use 2 hands to drive? It might take a few seconds to bring their arm back in the vehicle. Do they worry about having an accident? I'm guessing not.
These are the things I think about while driving. Kind of scary, right?

1 comment:

  1. Arms hanging out car windows totally freaks me out. I went to a funeral back in high school and the minister only had one arm. He had lost it "hanging out". His arm hit a sign or something. I guess it scarred me a little!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...