Monday, June 14, 2010

Hallelujah!

Yesterday was a GREAT day! Well, great until I got a headache - then not so much. But I'll be talking about my pre-headache day.

I went to Bible Class for the first time since Mackenzie was born! She's 20 months...I know. I've been a helper or taught her class for the last 6 months, but I decided I needed to let her go to class by herself - like all the other children in her class. There was a little crying when I left, but when I came back 3-5 minutes later she was perfectly fine. It had been so long since I had gone to class, that I had to ask a friend where the class met. It was so nice to listen someone and not worry about a child running around, talking to loud or needing something.

And then you know another great thing that happened? I got to listen to an entire sermon without distraction! It's crazy - I know! ;) We picked Mackenzie up from class and took her to the Auditorium for services, but then 5 minutes later decided to take her to the nursery. I've tried a couple of times to drop her off in the nursery, but they had to come get me every time because Mackenzie wouldn't stop crying. Usually I stay in the room with her or walk around in the lobby with her. This time, I stayed for just a couple of minutes and then left. Brandon picked her up after services and she had done great.

I'm so excited about these two events. I'm really hoping she's coming out of her shell a little bit and can do a little better being left with other people. This is going to open up a lot of possibilities - date nights, changing schools, ymca membership...who knows!?

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...