Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Back to Normal

Sunday night/Monday morning Brandon returned home after 10 days in China. He went for an international business residency trip for school. But now he is back and things are finally back to normal! It's the little things that make a difference, ie: calling when I want, hearing him come through the door and Mackenzie running to him, eating dinner together...

Although, we don't actually eat dinner together every night, even when we are all here in one place. Take tonight for instance - we ate in shifts. I was just finishing dinner when Brandon came home. I fixed our plates and ate dinner while he played with Mackenzie. Then, when I was finished, I played with and bathed Mackenzie while he ate dinner. She actually ate a little while I was cooking dinner and then again while Brandon was eating. We do try and eat together, but depending on when Brandon gets home and how well Mackenzie is cooperating at the dinner table, it doesn't always work out. However, it is nice to be in the same time zone, no matter how we eat dinner! ;)

10 days with just me and Mackenzie was tiring and made for some really, really long days. Wake up, shower, get ready, wake Mackenzie up, eat breakfast, dress Mackenzie, leave the house, drop off Mackenzie, go to work, leave work, pick up Mackenzie, play with Mackenzie, eat dinner, bathe Mackenzie, sit and relax with Mackenzie, put Mackenzie to bed, do misc. tasks each night (ie: cook, clean, laundry), go. to. bed...start over. It helped that we talked or skyped with Brandon every day and the 13 hour time difference made it fairly easy for him to call us in his morning/our evening.

All in all, it was a good week, but we were both very ready for Brandon to come home. Mackenzie was sleeping very sound when he woke her up yesterday morning, but when she finally woke up, she reached for him and was all smiles! (She hadn't seen him since Thursday night, June 17.) Monday evening she pulled his hand until he followed her to her room to play. I think I must not be as fun as Brandon! ;)

It was 10 days that I was sort of dreading since I found out he was going back in July, but it has come and gone and we all survived! With that said, let's pray we never have to do it again!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you survived! That sounds hard. Did he have a good time? Learn a lot? Post pics if he doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Brandon is back! I hope he had a good trip. But I understand it must of been tough just you two. Glad things are back to normal. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...