Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday Flashback - Meet the Gordons

These are my great grandparents - Robert and Nora Gordon (aka grandmother and granddaddy). The baby in the picture is my Granny's older brother - Bobby. This picture was taken in 1939, maybe 1940 since Bobby looks a little big. Like the horse picture from several weeks back, I love this one also. I absolutely LOVE old black and white pictures - especially when you know the people in the picture. I don't recall knowing or meeting my great uncle Bobby (he died when I was 11), but I KNEW my great grandparents! I was 20 when Grandmother passed away and I had visited their place in Arkansas quite a lot in those 20 years, especially considering it was 9 hours away. (My first visit, I'm told, was actually when I was 6 months old.)
After Grandmother's death, Granddaddy moved to Alvin to be near Granny and Papa. In the 5 years he lived in Alvin I visited him a lot. We celebrated birthday parties (including his 90th), forth of July and many other family events down at the "farm". In 2005, Granddaddy passed away and I'm blessed to be able to say that I knew my great grandfather for 25 years! I hope and pray that Mackenzie will be as blessed as I am.

1 comment:

  1. You and I are alike in how we love old photos. I even buy them at antique stores, of people I don't even know!

    I love this one of Grandmother and Granddaddy, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...