Saturday, May 1, 2010

Favorite books

I used to read A LOT! I've gotten back into it lately, but it's not as easy to find the time now a days! ;) For whatever reason, I've always been one to buy books brand new, so I've collected quite a lot over the years. When I was pregnant with Mackenzie I had to do some major cleaning in preparation for her room and so I sorted through my paperback books and took most of them to half price books. I say most because there were several that I HAD to keep. I knew exactly which ones because the spines were creased showing that I had read them several times! Here is the stack of books that has survived several clean outs.

The 4 in the middle (Scarlett to Ender's Game) are some of my favorite books. What's funny about these 4 books is that they are all so very different from each other.

Scarlett - If you like Gone with the wind, I think you'll love this book. There is no telling how many times I've read this book. Just writing about it now, makes me want to read it again. I read this for the first time when I was in Junior High. I had only watched the movie GWTW and Scarlett is a continuation of the GWTW book (which is different from the movie), so I had to go back and find a copy of GWTW and read that too. I think I then went back and re-read Scarlett!

Zoya - I've only read a couple of Danielle Steel books, but this one is really really good. I think I like it so much because it has such a connection with world history. It tells the story of a russian girl as she lives and makes her way through the Russian Revolution/WWI, the Great Depression, WWII and so much more. It's a great book - I promise.

Jurassic Park - I don't think I really need to say much about this book, except that it's soooooo much better than the movie. Read it!

Ender's Game - This is the most unusual books I've ever read, mainly because it's Sci-Fi and that's not a genre I typically read. It's full of space ships and aliens, but I've read it several times since junior high. This is also another one I now want to read after writing about it.

What are your favorite books? Do they span several different genres like mine?

1 comment:

  1. I recently listened to (on audiobook) the companion series to Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow. It was interesting, and better than the sequels to Ender's Game...which get really wacky Sci Fi. I suggest reading the Shadow book. It's neat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...