Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kitchen Favorites

A couple of weeks ago on the Tasty Kitchen Blog, someone posted their favorite kitchen tools. I thought I'd piggy back on that post and show you some of my favorite kitchen tools.

Here's the grouping. I had a hard time deciding between all of my gadgets, but these 6 made the finals!

Egg slicer - the best. I know it can be used for other things, but we use it the most to slice boiled eggs for our salads. yum!

I received these peelers as a gift for Christmas and love them. I've actually only used one or 2 of them, but I really like the ones I've used. Clearly, I'm pretty easy to please when it comes to kitchen gadgets.

Garlic chopper - I received this for Christmas as well. Since I've been trying several new recipes this year, I seem to be using this a lot more than I thought I would. It's very easy to use and you don't have to worry about trying to chop garlic yourself or dig it out of the garlic press. I also like that you can decide the size of your "chop" based on how much you roll it around on the kitchen counter.

I have had this spoon rest for several years. They are very nice because it allows you to hang your spoon over the pot and not let it drip all over your counter. I have a normal spoon rest, but it gets dirty when I lay the spoon on there and then if it's something like raw meat I feel like I need to clean the spoon rest every time I stir the meat and put my spoon down again. The dilemma in life - where to place your spoon while cooking! It's a big decision! But there's good news if you have this nifty spoon rest! ;)

Egg timer. Well it's actually a timer for boiling an egg. My sister in law introduced me to this gadget and I love it. I don't have to worry about setting the oven or remembering how long the eggs have been boiling. All I have to do is look in the pot and see if this has turned black. It's sort of like a mood ring, only black doesn't mean stressed it means hard boiled! ;)

And last, but not least, my mini spoonula. This little guy is perfect for scooping out cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, sour cream - you know all the creamy goop you sometimes use to cook. It's the perfect size for can goods and gars with small openings when a larger spoon won't fit.

What are your favorite kitchen tools? Maybe I already have them or maybe I NEED to get them! ;)

2 comments:

  1. OK, I need that egg timer. And the spoon rest. And the garlic chopper. OK, and the egg slicer, I don't know if I've ever ad one of those. I'll have to make a post about my favorites after I go and look through them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its funny to me that your egg slicer is your favorite just because I'm certain that I've never sliced a hard boiled egg in my life! Maybe if I had your handy egg timer, I would boil more eggs.
    My favorite kitchen thing coming to mind is my grill pan. I stole it from my mom a few years ago and use it all the time. Its great for grilling meats inside on the stove.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...