Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Flashback - New Jersey

Back in 1999, my family went to Ocean City, New Jersey for a week. When I say "family" I mean my entire "family" - uncles, aunts, cousins and Grandma. My grandfather passed away in 1998, so this was our trip for him. Each small family had a room (4 families) and my grandmother slept on the couch. Despite the obvious issues one would find when joining 4 families/parenting styles in one house, we all had a great time. In fact, my immediate family and Brandon went back the next summer for a week.
This is me, my parents and my brother with my Grandma on the back porch of the house.

At the time, my great grandparents lived in Pennsylvania, so they came for a couple of days to visit and see us all. This is a picture of all of us together at dinner one evening.

If you ever want a beach vacation that's not in the Caribbean, I would recommend Ocean City, New Jersey. The weather was great even in July and the boardwalk has so many things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...