Monday, April 19, 2010

First Zoo Trip

A week ago Friday, Brandon and I took a day off from work and took Mackenzie to the Zoo. It was a perfect day and worked out really well since the painters were at the house that day while we were gone. I think for the most part Mackenzie enjoyed it. There were some animals that I think were a little too small or too far away to interest her, but she seemed to like all the big animals.

Brandon and Mackenzie looking at the giraffes.

I think I need a zoom lens for my camera. I would loved to have had a closer picture of this giraffe, but this is as good as it gets for now.


This was the one elephant that was out and about. The others were in their homes/cages. They are currently building and African exhibit where they will have African elephants. I'm really excited to see those.

Mackenzie's first soft pretzel.

Brandon took about 30-40 pictures of us on the carousel. I was worried she wouldn't like it, but she really enjoyed going round and round.

Most of the time Mackenzie enjoyed touching the railings and the ground over looking at the animals. Apparently the monkeys were of no interest to her here.

I had to have a picture of the flamingos because they look so fake. It's been a few years since I've been to the zoo and I didn't remember the flamingos looking fake. I guess that's why they make yard ornaments to look like flamingos. If you had a real one and a fake one in your yard, you might not be able to tell the difference! ;)

Mackenzie really wanted to touch the duck/goose (bird of some sort), but I was a little afraid it might get her finger through the fence.

I think her favorite part were the fish.


While at the zoo we ran into someone we recognized from A&M. She was there with her 2 sons and she said they lived down town so they go to the zoo about every other week. Maybe it's because I'm not much of an animal person, but that seems like a lot. I figure I've had my zoo fix for at least the next year. Actually, if I didn't have Mackenzie, I'd be good for several years.

Would you go that often if you had the time?

1 comment:

  1. Such good pictures!! Looks like you all enjoyed yourselves. I may have to make her a little zoo album with these pics, so be sure to send me them on KodakShare

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...