Thursday, March 4, 2010

Playing Outside

I'll be the first one to admit we don't spend much time outside. And I mean hardly any time outside. The main reason is that we get home about 6 pm and at 6:30 we start our dinner, bath and bed routine. As far as the weekend, I can only say that those are my 2 days I can run errands and do my "chores", which unfortunately don't involve playing outside.

Now that Mackenzie is running everywhere and not really falling at all, I try to let her play outside for a little bit each week. Locking us out of the house didn't exactly make me want to spend more time outside, but I'll get over it! ;)

On Sunday afternoon/early evening, I decided to let her play in the backyard for a little bit while I had a mini photo-shoot. It was a little chilly, so we put her jacket on. These pictures make me think of some sort of work out video.
This would be the running in place.

And this is touching your toes or squats!

Brandon kept zipping up Mackenzie's jacket and...

5 seconds later she would do this!

At the end of every work out, one always needs water...and a girl scout cookie! I'm thinking as the weather gets warmer and the days get longer, we'll spend more time outside. I think we will also buy some sort of playset this spring so that Mackenzie has more to play with than a tree and a charcoal grille!

1 comment:

  1. Those are cute! She would love a playset. Then she can have her little friends over as she gets older. Aaah! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...