Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Girls' Lunch

Saturday I met 3 of my good friends for lunch to celebrate my birthday. I realize my birthday was a month ago, but have you ever tried to coordinate 4 schedules on a Saturday? It's very hard to do! Especially when we all need to arrange some one to watch our children. That's right - it was a lunch WITH OUT children.

It. Was. Great!

Between the 4 of us, we have 5 children under the age of 18 months, so all of us eating out with our children is not an option. I love Brandon and Mackenzie, but I really enjoyed talking, eating and laughing with my girlfriends for an hour or two!

We met at Chuy's for an early lunch and it was delicious! In fact I'm having my leftover's today for lunch.

Have you ever eaten there? I had only eaten there a few times until they opened a new location near us. We didn't really like it the first time we ate at the new restaurant because they put me and Brandon at this really small table where there were tables on either side of us that were probably only 18-24" away. After that we stayed away for a little while until recently we went with Mackenzie. There are many blessings for having children - here's one - restaurants tend to seat you towards the back if you have a small child. I guess they figure you will disturb less people if your child acts out. For the last 3 or 4 times that we've eaten there, they've given us a table in the back and we had lots of room around us. I know that sounds weird, but I don't like being crammed in like sardines when I'm eating my lunch or dinner - do you?

Back to my lunch with my friends. We really enjoyed each others' company and they even paid for my lunch. We said we should start doing this to celebrate everyone's birthday and then we realized that all 3 of them had September birthdays. I told them I didn't mind paying for their lunches, but they would have to decide which 2 were going to change their birthday so I won't pay for all 3 meals at the same time!

I ran errands afterward and finally returned home around 2 o'clock. Ahhh, 3 hours to do what I want without worrying about a diaper bag or nap time (thanks to Brandon and his mom). It was very nice and a great way to celebrate my birthday...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...