Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baby Shower

My mom gave me a party favor idea for a baby shower I was helping host this past weekend. First the finished product, then the details for those who care to know.

My mom had made these favors for a baby shower she hosted, so she gave me the small glassine bags and some left over pink M&M's she had ordered. I borrowed the baby stamp set, but the rest of the stuff I actually had. I had to break out my art supplies from school, but I found my colored pencils and I used some sharpies I had to color in some of the stamps. The biggest issue I had was finding more M&M's when I ran out of the ones from my mom. Luckily since Easter is right around the corner, there are plenty of pink M&M's around. Well, there are plenty when you buy several bags! After I realized I was going to run out of pink M&M's even after I had bought 3 bags, I decided to use other colors as well. Here's a close up of the favors and the toppers.

Here is the decorated table for the shower.
Everything was so nice. My friend made homemade cupcakes that were absolutely delicious and another friend made these cute little onesies for the new baby.

Also, if you ever need a punch recipe, I have the perfect one for you! I'm not a big fan of the punch that is usually made at baby showers, so since I was assigned punch for the shower I wanted to be sure it was one I would drink. Here's the recipe:

2 liters of Sprite
2 liters of Hawaiin Punch
1.5 quarts (or however much you want to add) of rainbow sherbet

It was delicious. I have leftover sprite and sherbet here at the house. Now all I need to do is buy some more Hawaiin Punch and I could make a little thing of punch everyday!!! ;)

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...