Wednesday, March 3, 2010

30 Day Countdown in Cards

For 30 days before my birthday, my mom sent 30 cards to count down my birthday.

Most were hand made, and some were bought, but all of them filled with cute little birthday wishes or very sweet and loving words from my mom. When most of us communicate through email, blogs or cell phones, it was really great to receive snail mail everyday for 30 days! The best day was on the Friday before Valentines. My parents were going out of town that weekend and the following Monday was Presidents' Day, so my mom mailed cards for Friday, Saturday, and Monday. She also mailed Valentine's Day cards for me and Mackenzie. I'm pretty sure the post office thought we were crazy receiving 5 cards from the same address!

The very first card was this one:

video

That one was a top 10 favorite for sure! My other 9 favorites are these:

This is definitely going on the list of things I want to do for Mackenzie when she turns 30!

1 comment:

  1. That was such a neat idea! Your Momma makes beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...