Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A little too close

On Christmas day we went to my Granny and Papa's house in Alvin. On my mom's side of the family, the 7 grandchildren range in age from 30 (me and my oldest cousin) to 11 (Chloe - the only other granddaughter). With a wide range of ages, we of course now have great grand children in the mix. Three to be exact - Katelynn (6 this month), Matthew (5) and Mackenzie.

Katelynn is super friendly with everyone even though she sees most of us just once a year. Last year she clung to Chloe's every move. This year was the same, only she also want to cling to Mackenzie. Actually, she may have wanted Mackenzie to cling to her. Either way, it didn't quite work out the way she wanted it to.

For those of you who don't know, Mackenzie is shall we say, particular. She does well with small groups of 4-8 people, but when you have large groups (12-20) which is what we had, she tends to cling to me and Brandon. With that said, Katelynn did not give up trying to be best friends with Mackenzie!

2 Favorite moments with Mackenzie and Katelynn:

1. At lunch, Mackenzie was sitting in my lap. Katelynn had finished eating and came over to ask me if I would let Mackenzie down so that they could play. My response was, "I'd love to let her go, but I don't think she'll let go of me." I love that she thought I was the one holding back Mackenzie from playing with her. Katelynn stayed right there next to us holding Mackenzie's hand, arm, foot...whatever she could touch.

2. At one point, Mackenzie got frustrated with Katelynn being right there in her face talking to her and pushed Katelynn away. Katelynn didn't think anything of it and hugged Mackenze and said, "it's all right." It never once crossed her mind that Mackenzie didn't want to be so close to her. She was determined to play with her, hold her, do anything with her!

For Katelynn's sake, I hope Mackenzie is ready to play with her next year!

Notice Mackenzie pulling away! ;)


Katelynn had to be constantly touching Mackenzie in some way. It was really cute.

1 comment:

  1. That was so funny! If it had been an adult doing that to Mackenzie she would have cried. But she was pretty patient with Katelynn. She just kept trying to give her cues that she didn't want to be bothered.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...