Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Flashback - Recent

This weeks pictures were both easy and hard to choose from. Easy because they are ALL digital, but hard because there are soooo many! I'll try to go in chronological order from the last 5 years.

Our office participated in a contest for the Houston Food Bank called Canstruction. We collected can good or money from our office as well as people we knew and then worked together to build our design. We chose the space shuttle, but didn't win a single award. I remember I drove everyone to the award ceremony and we were all quiet as 5 of the 13 firms one 8 different awards. When we call got in my car and the doors were closed, we all burst out with complaints and frustrations about not winning. Our office hasn't participated since. ;) Not necessarily because we are sore losers, but just because it wasn't quite as fun as say Sandcastle competition in Galveston (which we also never win).
Several years ago, my parents decided to take the Grandkids to the Christmas Parade in Fredericksburg. I was the only sibbling who could go that weekend, so here I am with my mom, and my two nephews. We had a lot of fun looking at all the floats, bands and animals. The next 2 years all of us made it and then unfortunately last year none of us (me and my sibblings) could go. Maybe this year we will all be able to go again.

Me and my big muscle brother. He's my little brother and yet he's probably a foot taller than me. Crazy!

Me and Brandon at his younger brother's wedding.

Me and my sister-in-law, Aubrey. Clearly it's her wedding day! She's married to Brandon's youngest brother - you know the one with the goofy face from last weeks Friday Flashback. Buying that brown dress was not easy. The one I tried on at the store was the last one and it was too small. The store clerk checked and there weren't any left in my size in Houston. My mother-in-law graciously offered to drive 30 minutes to a mall in Austin just to buy this dress. The sad thing is, I love the dress, but it's a little too small now. I guess I need to work on that.

The reason I'm too small for the brown dress...

And finally, my family!

Next week will be the day before my 30th birthday and I have a special Friday Flashback. I'm probably hyping it up way more than I should! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love both of your brown dresses! They are so pretty and I never get to see you wear them. Now it will REALLY be a long while before I see you wear them; being several states away, and all. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...