Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Couldn't sleep

Last night I made the mistake of having a small Dr. Pepper with dinner. I thought since it was the small can it wouldn't be that big of a deal and more often than not caffeine doesn't really keep me awake. So I drank it - no big deal. I was tired/sleepy at 9:00 (i know - so old), so we got in bed. The next mistake I/we made was turning on the TV. I don't know if you've seen the show Tabitha's Salon Takeover, but it's quite addicting like most reality tv shows are. I felt compelled to stay up to watch the entire episode. At 10 we turn off the tv and I close my eyes. At 10:15 my eyes are still closed, but my brain has not shut off and I'm wide awake. This isn't abnormal for me, but when it was 10:45 and I was still awake, I knew I needed to get up. Getting up is really the last thing I wanted to do, but if I layed there any longer I was just going to get more and more uncomfortable and then I'd never fall asleep. I decided I would play games on the internet until I grew sleepy and the caffeine wore off. I found this website and played brain games until around 12:15! I still didn't get to sleep until around 12:30 and then my wonderful alarm started beeping at 5. So, for now I'm ok. I got to work on time, I've had a productive morning, I've eaten lunch and am drinking a large dr. pepper! This afternoon will probably be really long and drawn out. I imagine I'll have to go get a snack or get up and take lap around the office just to keep myself from falling asleep! From here on out, no caffeine after 3 in the afternoon on a work night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...