Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pioneer Woman

For Christmas I received this:

I've read through almost all of the recipes and cannot wait to make a lot of them. When I showed the cook book to my sisters-in-law they already knew about her and read her blog. I've never really been one to read a stranger's blog. Sure I blog stalk some people I know from college, but I know/knew them, even if I'm not friends with them now. Last night was the first time I've been to a complete stranger's blog! :) I am now hooked after reading only 2 or 3 posts. I also want to start cooking and try new recipes! Imagine that, picky me, wanting to try NEW recipes. It's amazing! :) I think the thing about the pioneer woman is that her recipes are southern comfort foods - macaroni and cheese, meatloaf, steak, fried chicken and even mexican food. It makes me want to live on a farm! Well, my kind of farm anyway - you know a farm without animals, no manual labor and a mall, grocery store and target nearby. Okay, so not really a farm - I just want to eat the food!
If you don't know about the Pioneer Woman you should check her out! I'm trying the lasagna first - I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. You're lucky! I don't have her cookbook yet, but I've been reading PW (aka: Ree) for a couple years now. She's hilarious, and of course a great cook. I love how she breaks her recipes down with photos.

    Check out her "Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich". It's so good! I don't use quite as much butter as called for though. Typically a mix of cooking/olive oil and butter to enhance the flavor will be fine.

    Note: Ree doesn't support smoking, MM is just what she calls her rancher husband on the blog - and he doesn't even smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omigosh. i love P-dub! I've been reading her blog for a while now. I wasn't able to go to her book signing in december when she came to houston though. :( BUT i definitely got her cookbook for christmas! can't wait to try some of the recipes out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...