Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Huh?

Yesterday while driving on the freeway, the electronic freeway sign said this:

Anti-icing in progress. Expect Delays.

In most cities in January this might be a normal occurrence, but here in Houston it's very strange. Not only is that sign strange because it rarely gets that cold, but also because when I looked at the thermometer on my car, it said it was 73 degrees outside! I'm pretty sure they hadn't updated the sign since 2 weeks ago when it was freezing outside.

Speaking of which - 73 degrees - seriously?! Don't get me wrong, I like the nice weather, but its January. I just bought a bunch of sweaters and long sleeve shirts after Christmas. I'd like to at least wear them in the so called "winter". Oh well, that's how it goes in Houston. Since I've lived here all my life, you'd think I'd be used to it. But, I guess not.

1 comment:

  1. There's only one thing to do! Come visit me and you can wear all of your sweaters and long sleeve shirts, to your heart's content. Probably even into the Spring. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...