Monday, January 4, 2010

Difficult day, sort of

Today was sort of a difficult day. Difficult because I had to wake up to an alarm clock. Difficult because I had to drive 22 miles to go to work. Difficult because I had to go to work! In the last 12 days I have only gone to work once! It's been really nice being at home for the last week and a half. While I did wake up early some mornings because of a certain 15 month old, I also got to take afternoon naps! you can't do that at work! You also can't shop, play games, watch movies or surf the internet at work. Bummer. Vacation time is nice, but going back is difficult! I'm sure I'll be right back in the swing of things by Wednesday and my vacation will seem like it was weeks and months behind me. I guess that's the way it goes.
Okay, now for the positives - work went by fairly quickly. Other than the sleepiness that hit right around 2:30, I had a good and productive day. Another positive is that Brandon, Mackenzie and I ate PW's yummy lasagna! It was sooooo good. I'm not a big fan of cottage cheese so I substituted about half of the cottage cheese with ricotta cheese and it was great. I think next time I will also add mushrooms! I've decided to keep a little journal about the recipes I've tried so that next time I make it I can remember what I liked and didn't like. The lasagna is definitely a thumbs up and will be made again!
Mackenzie liked the few bites that she ate. After tonight, when she dumped her plate of lasagna on the floor while sitting in her high chair, I've decide we need to find a new place for her to sit and eat. When she's sitting in our laps she eats everything in site. I've sometimes even sat on the kitchen floor and let her walk around and come to me to eat. She also eats just fine in restaurant high chairs. I have a portable high chair that you strap to a chair so that she's practically sitting at the table with us and I think I might try it tomorrow night. If that doesn't work, I might have to look into some sort of booster seat where she really does sit at the table with us, but she might be too young for that. Who knows, we might have to live with her sitting in our laps for a little longer until she's bigger. Anyone have any ideas?

P.S. The lasagna recipe on PW's website is slightly different from her cookbook, but has all of the same ingredients. Oh, and I used regular sausage, not hot because I wanted Mackenzie to eat it.

1 comment:

  1. I can recommend one booster seat not to try. Its the Summer Infant Secure Foam seat at target (http://www.target.com/Summer-Infant-Secure-Comfort-Booster/dp/B001N44UT4/ref=sc_qi_detaillink). I bought it Saturday and took it back today. I couldn't get the straps to tighten to secure it to the chair.
    I don't think Mackenzie is too young for a booster seat at the table. Mallory has been in hers at the table with us since about that age because I was sick of cleaning the high chair tray 3+ times a day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...