Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Let the Festivities Begin!

This past weekend we had our first set of Christmas events. Friday night my parents watched Mackenzie while Brandon and I went to his company party. My parents brought Mackenzie her Christmas presents early which helped when I had to sneak out of the house. I'll blog more about those gifts later. Saturday morning Mackenzie and I drove down to Alvin to have our "girls Christmas" with my mom, grandmother, aunt and cousin. The 6 of us had so much fun eating, visiting and exchanging gifts.

That evening we had Christmas with my family at my parent's house. We thought we'd make it an easy dinner by just having appetizers, but once we put it all together we ended up with quite the smorgasbord! Pork or Brisket sliders, 7 layer dip, pigs ina blanket, bbq smokes, crab cake things, spinach artichoke dip, taquitos, queso fruit & veggie trays and let's not forget dessert - miniature cheesecakes! My sister makes the best cheeseckaes ever and these little ones seem even better! I know Mackenzie agrees because she practically inhaled her cheesecake.

Mackenzie enjoyed playing with the big kids:

The gift exchange was great and my parents family gift to us and my siblings was a box of BBQ from Coopers in Lano, Texas. While all of the food fit in our freezer when we got home, Brandon and I decided we needed a larger fridge. The next day we bought this:

I absolutely love this fridge! We still have our old one in the garage for extra storage which I know will defintely come in handy this weekend when Brandon's family is in town!

I'm running out of time to post about Mackezie's gifts, so I'll blog about it later. Hopefully it will be before Christmas! We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. What fun! The new fridge is a beauty. Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...