Thursday, December 31, 2009

Copy cat

So, here I go again, copying Holly...welcome to my 2009 Blog recap. The idea is to copy the first line of the first post from month in 2009. Let's see what happened this past year! :)

January
I hope everyone had as good a Christmas as we did.

I think that it's funny that it took me an entire week before I posted about Christmas. Maybe it's not too funny since I still haven't posted about Christmas this year either! My excuse this year is that I left my camera at my grandparents house on Christmas day and won't get it back for another week.

February
This past weekend, I decided to see if Mackenzie would fit/enjoy her "big girl" stroller.

This year was full of firsts with Mackenzie including the stroller ride. If you look back at the blog, you will notice we have a Maclaren stroller which was recalled a couple of months ago. Don't fret - they sent us covers for the hinges. There will be no loss of fingertips with our stroller! :)

March
For my birthday, Brandon bought me a digital SLR camera.

Still one of the best presents ever! I love that camera and have missed it this past week.

April
This past Sunday, Brandon, Mackenzie and I went to my hometown church to visit my family and celebrate Easter early.

This was a good weekend, but after reading this I've realized we haven't been back to visit on a Sunday morning since then! Maybe we can visit a couple of times in 2010.

May
A miniature pool, swim diapers and sunblock...a small swimsuit, large swimsuit, sunglasses and hat...Looks promising...we shall see.

Yeah, we went swimming ONCE this past summer. We were really prepared, had all the stuff, but it's a LOT of work to take a child swimming! Maybe next summer!

June
This picture looks really familiar...oh that's right this is my same team from 2 years ago at our company Bowling Tournament.

I go bowling once a year - for our company tournament. We have 3 events every year - bowling, golf and Christmas party. The bowling tourney is the cheapest event that everyone enjoys the most! I'm sure there will be another blog about it in 2010.

July
So after I read Holly's blog, I realized I suffer from the same Bloggy Funk Denial!

I seemed to have several of these this years. I think my biggest issue is trying to balance my blog and not have it become all about Mackenzie. I know some of you really like my pictures of Mackenzie, but I also want to appeal to those that might be interested in me too and not just my daughter. The truth is that a lot of times I don't think I have anything interesting to say, but who knows maybe what I find dull is interesting to someone. Then again, maybe what I find dull is dull and you all are just waiting on photos of Mackenzie!

August
When I drop off or pick up Mackenzie from school, her teachers tell me how good and how much she eats at school.

This hasn't really been the case in the last couple of weeks. I think a lot of has to do with her being sick, but some of it could be her just becoming a slightly picky eater. Lately we havent' been able to get her to eat much more than fruit, crackers or nutrigrain bars. Tonight she actually ate some of my tortellini and Brandon's ham sandwich while she was sitting in our laps. Apparently when she is given this same food in her high chair it doesn't taste the same! (BTW, you can see from our dinner description that Brandon and I are taking it easy and doing nothing this new years eve.)

September
I just looked back at previous posts and the last 3 posts with pictures of Mackenzie are very similar.

I don't really have much to say about this post other than - "yep".

October
So for the last 3 days I've traveled back and forth to Dallas.

I'm glad that's over! I did however get 3 free airplane tickets out of all the trips I took this past year, so on the agenda for 2010 is a family vacation! Woohoo!

November
Last year at Halloween, Mackenzie was 6 weeks old and the glow worm costume did NOT go over well with her.

Halloween was definitely better this year, but I'm really looking forward to next year when she can really walk around and have fun going door to door.

December
Lately our "office" in our house has no resemblance of it's so called name.

What's really funny about this post, is while we did box up a lot of stuff, now after Christmas the room is a total mess again! My goal is to clean it up again before I go back to work on Monday, but seeing as how I'm on "vacation", I'm not sure it's going to happen.

I really liked this blog recap. I had fun reading my old blogs and remembering this past year. I hope all of you had a wonderful 2009 and here's to an even better 2010! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. That was great...you should publish your blogs in a book format as a gift to yourself each year!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be great to watch Curious George, i have bought tickets from
    http://ticketfront.com/event/Curious_sGeorge-tickets looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...