Thursday, October 1, 2009

Traveling - What I've learned

So for the last 3 days I've traveled back and forth to Dallas. After 6 flights and 6 cab rides in 3 days, this is what I've learned (in no particular order):

  1. People really open up on air planes and tell a random stranger everything about their lives! I found I talk to people a little and I might say I'm an architect or that I have a daughter, but some people tell everything - just got divorced, son is playing sports, i bought my granddaughter a pony purse...whatever they can think of. It's like they have this 50 minute bonding time and tell all knowing they will never see each other again. I just don't get it.
  2. I don't like sitting in seats near the wings. I feel like the plane flexes a little more there, but it could just be me. However, no matter how much I try, I always seem to sit on those rows. I think I'm far enough back, but I'm not and apparently I don't know how to look out the window until I'm already seated!
  3. Airport food is expensive!
  4. A large bottle of water costs $2.95. Every morning after I went through security I went straight to the mini market thing and bought a large bottle of water for the day. If I'm allowed to take it on the plane, why can't I bring my own water? Security reasons I'm sure, but it's annoying. Then at the end of the day when I got to the airport in Dallas, I had to throw that bottle away and buy another water/drink once I was past security! Again - annoying.
  5. Cab fairs apparently differ even though every morning and every afternoon I went to the same place and it's supposed to be a flat $20 fare. Explain please.
  6. I think Southwest is known for their humor, but not every phrase has to make you laugh and sometimes I think they try too hard. It kind of reminds me of that song *Almond Joy* song, "sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't". Sometimes, I don't need the humor - just tell me the safety instructions, tell me when we landed (as if I didn't notice) and lets get on with the day.
  7. Speaking of nuts, southwest serves pretzels and honey roasted peanuts. Neither of which I like. I'd rather have plain peanuts or chocolate covered peanuts. Ooh, why not give out peanut M&M's instead?
  8. And last but not least, I've learned that 6:15am is way too early for the flight attendant to have the intercom turned up as loud as possible. While 6:15 is early, it's quite an enjoyable flight, because hardly anyone is on it and it's dark and cozy. I still didn't sleep because I can't sleep on planes and I was already up, but it was cozy none the less.
Only one day left of my week and I actually get to stay in Houston! Woo hoo! I also realize that some of you are still waiting on a post about Mackenzie's party and I promise I will get to that this weekend. I've already gathered my pictures I just have to sit here and post them. Apparently I wanted to talk about airplanes more than Mackenzie and the party - that's a first! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I know, right!

    I thought you must be traveling...talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...