Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Did you know???

Did you know Christmas is only a little over 10 weeks away?!!! I can't believe it's already here! Since I'm already a crazy list person, Christmas makes things so much more crazy. I already have my list of people to buy for (16 + Brandon and Mackenzie); stockings to fill (4 + Brandon and Mackenzie); goodie baskets for friends; gifts for teachers; christmas card list (60+); and I'm sure I'm forgetting something...oh yeah - decorations, food, schedule of events (we are hosting this year, so christmas last for several days). The sad thing, is that while I have all of these lists, I have NOT bought a single gift!!!! I've thought about gifts and have several ideas for different people but have not committed. I should probably start buying things soon, especially if I'll be doing some internet shopping.

As I mentioned earlier, we are hosting the Meyers Christmas at our house this year. Brandon and I have decided to forgo the traditional christmas tree for 2 reasons: 1) absolutely no room for a tree and 7 adults, 1 child, and presents; 2) We don't feel like saying "no, Mackenzie - don't touch the tree" over and over again. So, with that said, we are looking for alternatives to the big christmas tree. We currently have our coffee table in front of the fire place blocking the opening and I'm thinking we'll have a small tree sitting on the table. I've looked online and these are different trees I think are kind of cute.






What do you think? I think Brandon is thinking we'll have more of a traditional tree, just smaller, but I'm wanting to go a little quirky if we aren't going to put our big tree up. I have a feeling though, that we are going to need to go shopping in an actual store to see the tree before we buy it. I'll be sure to post the final outcome in early december once we've decorated!

1 comment:

  1. I like the Charlie Brown tree on the dining room table.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...