Friday, August 28, 2009

That's not pasta, it's a tooth!

Last night as I was getting Mackenzie ready for bed, I saw something in her mouth and thought she had a piece of pasta in her mouth from dinner. When I went to brush her teeth, I thought I'd retrieve the leftover pasta, but nothing came out. I then proceeded to stick my finger and her mouth and that's when I felt a tooth. While feeling a tooth isn't unusual (she has 6 already), feeling one in the back of her mouth was. I told Brandon, "that wasn't pasta in her mouth she has a molar." He then stuck his finger in her mouth and felt that molar as well as another molar at the top! I didn't realize babies got their molars so soon, but according to this website this is about the right time. Who knew? I don't know when exactly they came in, so in her baby book I guess I'll put in about 11 months along with the other 2 teeth from this month. Mackenzie's on a roll - 8 teeth at 11 months. With 4 in one month, who knows how many she'll have by her first birthday.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that either! Thanks for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of my kids got their first tooth at 10 months. I thought they would never come in! She IS on a roll.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...