Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Bloggy Funk

So after I read Holly's blog, I realized I suffer from the same Bloggy Funk Denial! So in order to try and work myself out of it I thought I'd copy a little bit of what she did and tell you what I've been doing lately. The day I found out I passed my last architecture exam, I ordered 6 books on amazon (4 for me, 2 for Mackenzie)! I am so excited to be able to read for fun again. I've always loved to read! I was in honors english classes in high school and for 4 years I had to read books the teacher assigned or some we selected from a pre-determined list. I enjoyed most of those books, but when you have to write a paper or do a project on every book you read, it kind of takes the fun out of them! I remember being so excited in college to read for fun whenever I wanted to. I think up until about 5 years ago I had read every Nora Roberts, Nicolas Sparks and Nicolas Evans books. I loved them. In the last 4 years since graduation I've read a few books, but not nearly as much as I would like. I digress...this is what I bought a few weeks ago:
I bought this book because I read, "Snow Flower and the secret Fan" by this author and loved it! I started this one last Thursday evening, didn't read on Friday or Saturday and am almost done. It's not as good as Snow Flower but it's still good.

I read this in high school and despite the numerous projects/papers we had to do for it, I still remember loving it. Hopefully I enjoy it that much as an adult.

I really like biographies. I've read about Cary Grant, Dean Martin, Doris Day, Audrey Hepburn...(can you tell what era I love?). I'm really looking forward to this one.

Of course I had to throw in some sort of learning type book. I started reading the first chapter in this book and figured out it's got quite a lot of science in it, so I'll have to be a little more awake and clear headed when I read it.

So, I think I'm back to my old self when it comes to reading again and I'm very excited. Every night this week (3 days so far), I've read for at least an hour after Mackenzie's gone to bed - I love it! Now hopefully, I'm out of my bloggy funk and will post a little more often this month!

1 comment:

  1. I think I'm in the funk too! However, I do have to ask if you've read Francine Rivers? Her "Mark of the Lion" series was outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...