Sunday, June 14, 2009

False Alarm

So apparently Mackenzie didn't have strep throat after all. Her nurse called me on Wednesday to say that her overnight culture came back negative and that she didn't need to take her medication anymore. The rash appeared the day after she went to the doctor, so she couldn't help me with that one except to say use lotion if it bothers her. Since all parents with internet access become doctors...we diagnosed Mackenzie with either Fifth Disease or Roseola. In the end, I'm not sure what she had because her rash didn't seem to match either of the disease descriptions fully. But none of it really matters because she is all better now! No rash, no fever and we get to go to church in a little while! Woohoo!

3 comments:

  1. So glad she's better! Liz obviously liked sitting by y'all today. We'll need to get the girls together again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad she didn't have strep! We took Mallory to the dr last fall for a random rash she had out of no where. Her dr said it was probably just some virus, so there's another internet diagnosis for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I am no super parent who knows it all (Ha!)...but I know that when my boys would get random viruses when they were little they would get a rash. There was nothing the doctor could do so when I saw that rach I just figured it was just another booger virus thier body was fighting off.

    Glad all is good!

    Thanks for you sweet comment about our crazy adventure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...