Sunday, April 12, 2009

You woke me up for this?!

I grew up here in Texas and I don't recall ever having my picture taken in a field of Blue Bonnets (Momma, Rhonda, and Granny - correct me if I'm wrong). I say this because I had no real intention of taking pictures of Mackenzie in the Blue Bonnets until Erin, Mindy, Kim, April, and Marcia all posted pictures of their kids sitting in a field of Blue Bonnets. It's not that I was feeling competitive, it just occurred to me that I guess that's something I'm "supposed" to do as a mom! :) I will tell you this, had we not gone to Georgetown to visit Brandon's mom, we would not have done the whole blue bonnet thing. Not because it was a hassle or anything, I just wouldn't have made a special drive just for that. So....on our way back this afternoon, we woke Mackenzie up when we saw this field:



This picture spurred my title - she was not in the mood to smile!


This last picture is for Chloe, our new family photographer! We were trying to mimic her beautiful pictures she takes all the time!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Yes, you have to do the bluebonnet thing. I thought it was probably too late in the season, but looks like they are still plentiful.

    Chloe was so excited to see your reference to her photos.

    And, nope, I don't remember you ever having photos taken in the bluebonnets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry if I caused you any "mommy guilt", but you did get some good pictures. I say we would not have made a special trip for bluebonnet pictures, but when I thought we weren't going to find a good spot to stop on Friday I found myself already planning a trip next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope...we didn't go very many places and I'm not sure the bluebonnets have always been so prevalent.

    The pictures are beautiful and I'm glad you all stopped.

    Hugs, M

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she looks great in the bluebonnetts! You do, too! Glad you had a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photos you got, even if she wasn't very smiley. And Texas mommas have to do blue bonnets, I think it's in the rule book somewhere. When I find it, I'll let you know! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...