Friday, March 27, 2009

Tastes good...but looks bad on me.

I don't smoke, drink or do drugs. However, I am addicted to these things:

The day I found out I was pregnant, I stopped drinking DP and didn't have another one until well into my maternity leave. Since going back to work, I've had one every day! Why can't I have the will power I had when I was pregnant? My excuse is, "I'm not a coffee drinker, so this is my daily caffeine." While this is true, I'm pretty sure I could survive without the caffeine and empty calories!

This is just a picture of chocolate chip cookies, but it stands for cookies of almost any kind, along with baked goods. I know I've said this before, but while I was pregnant I ate a Little Debbie snack every single day. Why can't this be the opposite of my DP problem - not eat them (baked goods) now that I'm not pregnant?


So, the queso represents chips/dips. I don't like salsa and chips, I prefer the queso, onion dip, french onion dip...you know, the really fattening kind! For this one I have better restraint at home because I don't want to make it, but at restaurants, I have to order it!

I'm not saying I want to completely stop eating all of these things, but I wish I didn't feel addicted to them. Maybe just an occasional glass of DP or desserts only at Life Groups on Sunday. While they are not tobacco, alcohol or drugs, they can still harm my body or at least make not as nice/thin as it could be! Maybe I just need to realize that while they taste good, they make me (my body) look bad! Will power...will power...will power!

1 comment:

  1. I understand. My weakness is a cherry coke sluch from Sonic. It's so good. Now that I'm thinking about it I'll probably go get one at happy hour. Well, maybe not, but it is tempting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...