Friday, January 2, 2009

Last Day

Today is my last day of Maternity Leave. :( I'm not counting this weekend because, well it's a weekend. You would think for my last day of maternity leave I would want to spend it with Mackenzie, but she is actually at day care right now. Since we started paying for full time care today, we thought she should go full time and get use to being there for longer than 3-4 hours. I dropped her off at 8:30 and I'll probably pick her up about 5. Next week she'll be dropped off between 6:30 and 7:30 and picked up between 5:30 and 6:30, so her days will be considerably longer! I'm really going to miss seeing her all the time and being at home, but I love my job and am looking forward to going back to work.

For my last day, I planned to go shopping at Macy's and use some gift cards I had, but as you know, when you have money and time, you can never find anything you want to buy! I was there for 30-45 minutes and found 2 tops that somewhat interested me, but not enough to buy. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for the spring/summer clothes to arrive and I'll go shopping then. After my bust at shopping I went back home to pick up Brandon and we had lunch, went to the outlet mall and the grocery store. It was nice to have some time together and not have to worry about when Mackenzie's next bottle is or if we have to be somewhere at a certain time.

I know this was kind of random, but if you remember, think of me on Monday. As much as I am looking forward to going to work on Monday, seeing Mackenzie for only a few hours a day is going to take some getting use to!

5 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you today and wondering how much longer you had. I'll be thinking about you Monday. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking about you on Monday, too! I know how much you like your job so it will be nice to go back. To be honest, I kinda miss my job, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for you. Good luck on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be thinking about you! I know it will be hard. But being at work will be great, too.

    I often wish I had stuck it out and not quit work.

    You will do great, and so will Mackenzie.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Working makes the time at home even more special! You'll get through it all...and tears are okay.

    Love you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...