Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas

I hope everyone had as good a Christmas as we did. We were here for Christmas Day and went to Dallas the day after. Mackenzie did so well on the way up there and back. It probably helps that I sat in the back seat with her the whole time. :) As expected Mackenzie received a lot of stuff. She received quite a few gifts from me and Brandon. I think we went a little overboard! In our defense, we used almost all gift cards when buying her stuff, so we didn't actually spend too much of our own money! (Thank you to anyone and everyone who sent us gift cards after Mackenzie was born!) Next year will be different, but I'm sure we'll still manage to go overboard! :)

I love Christmas not because you get to exchange gifts, but in our case, you get to see family that you haven't seen in a while. Mackenzie got to meet several members of both sides of the family for the first time. My aunt, uncle and cousin had not Mackenzie until Christmas Day. My cousins daughter (5 years old) was interested in Mackenzie and I told her next year, Mackenzie would most likely be following her around. Brandon's brothers had also not met Mackenzie, so the trip to Dallas was really exciting. She was not at a loss of people wanting to hold her. In fact, I think on Sunday night she was so excited when I layed her down on the couch and no one was holding her. She was very content for at least half an hour just lying there on her stomach or back. We even got her to laugh a couple of times this past weekend. It's not a regular event yet, so it's really funny and cute. Maybe I'll catch it on video soon and post it. Without further ado, here are the pictures you've been waiting for!

Mackenzie's loot from me and Brandon!

Mackenzie's loot from the rest of her family.

Mackenzie with my mom/her "Moshi"

Mackenzie with Papa (her great grandfather)

My sister-in-law Virginie enjoying her Christmas bow. It kind of reminds me of the Friends episode where Phoebe gets humus on her dress and covers it up with a huge Christmas bow.

My sister-in-law Aubrey enjoying her ice cream maker we bought her.

Lacie and her son Lincoln (really good friends of the family)

Brandon's youngest brother Dustin holding Mackenzie. She was too busy checking things out in the new surroundings to turn around for a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pictures! I love seeing all of the "loot". That's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...