Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas?!

Is it just me or has the holiday season really gone by fast? I keep thinking Christmas is still a long way off and yet it's only 11 days away! I decided not to decorate this year or put a tree up, so that is probably why I don't feel like it's Christmas. I've done most of my shopping, but I still have a few more people to buy for and I only have 11 days! While this might seem like a lot of days, Mackenzie is still not where I can go run errands with her. If I went to the store with her I would probably have to be prepared to leave my cart in the middle of the store to go home. I guess that is always an option if I get really desperate to shop. Another thing that usually gets me in the Christmas spirit is Christmas music. I usually listen to my Christmas CD's in the car the entire month of December, but this year I haven't put any in. We also were unable to go to either of our work Christmas parties this year which usually signals that Christmas is around the corner.

Last night we went to Couples Bunko which was kind of like a Christmas party and tonight our Life Group from Church is having a White Elephant exchange so we are slowly getting into the Christmas spirit. We also bought all of Mackenzie's presents a couple of weeks ago, so Christmas morning should be fun. All we plan to do is lay her on a blanket and pile all her stuff around her! There is no need to wrap anything seeing as how she isn't even sitting up on her own!

So, I guess let the countdown begin...less than 11 days until Christmas...ready or not!

1 comment:

  1. Its not just you. I haven't really been feeling Christmas either. Moving is pretty much taking up all my time these days. Hopefully once we get moved I'll be able to get more in the Christmas spirit.

    I hope yall had fun last night. Matthew and I were both sad to miss couples bunko!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...