Thursday, November 6, 2008

Book Shower

This past Saturday, friends and family gave me and Mackenzie a book shower. It was absolutely wonderful and we received so many great books. Mackenzie's library doubled in size. Look at her list on the right side of this blog and you'll have proof! The gift from the hostesses was a doll house book shelf. It is so cute and I can't wait to put it in her room with all of the books. Right now it's still in our living room, but soon it will be in her room. My aunt also made the great book tags with Mackenzie's name on them that we can put in her new books. Since Mackenzie's collection is elephants, we received several stuffed elephants, an elephant piggy bank, and the book tags have elephants on them. To everyone who attended my shower or sent gifts, I thank you and look forward to reading these books with Mackenzie!

Thanks Brenda, Rhonda, Kim, Olivia, Becky and Linda!

This is Mackenzie's adorable book shelf!

These are the water bottle covers my aunt made with Mackenzie's initials.



I borrowed this image from Rhonda, but these are the book tags and case she made Mackenzie! Aren't they so cute?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed the shower! It reminded me of all the many, many hours I would read to the kids and how we loved our favorite books. I miss those days. But even at almost 13, 11 and 9 I still read to them almost every night. I know you will love doing that with Mackenzie.

    Just a funny thing... when Nathan was a toddler sometimes I would have to hide our basket of books for a few hours or I would never get anything done during the day. He would have sat and read all day long! And he is my best reader today, as you know and a great writer as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...