Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Gas and Crazy People

So, last night as I was coming home from work, I was stopped in traffic about 4 miles from home and NOT on the freeway. As we slowly started passing, what I thought was an accident, I noticed tons of cars sitting at a gas station and all along the street. The gas station has only been open for maybe 1 week and apparently last night, when I was driving by, the gas was only $2.31 per gallon. While I realize gas prices have been high lately, I don't consider it normal or worth the 1-2 hour wait to save $1.50 per gallon on gas. I guess Brandon and I are very blessed to be able to drive the commutes we drive and be able to fill up our cars when we need to. So, as I'm driving by all these people (who by the way are blocking intersections and causing traffic) I decide that I'll blog about all of these crazy people and this gas station. This morning on my way to work, the gas station was busy and there was not a gas price on the sign, but since they weren't causing in traffic congestion, I moved on and didn't think anything of it. While driving I was flipping radio stations and 2 or 3 stations were talking about the stupid gas station and how at one point police had to direct traffic and block off parts of the intersection. Apparently, the gas station lowered it's gas at one point to $2.08. I still don't think it's worth it to wait all that time to fill up your car just to save $15-$20, but maybe I'm the one who's crazy, not them! :)
Oh, and does anyone else think that there could be more going on in our city, nation, world to report on rather than reporting on the one gas station with cheap gas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...