Friday, August 22, 2008

Funny Story

Last weekend we went to my parents' house to celebrate my mom's birthday. After most people had left, we stayed and visited with my parents and my sister Courtney and her family. I was sitting in a chair kind of reclined, so my stomach was really visible and sticking out. The following conversation took place between me and my 4 year old nephew, James.

James: You have a melon.
Charlton: What?
James: (with hesitation) You're fat.
Charlton: No, I have a baby in here.
James: Why?

With that last question Courtney said I could explain why there was a baby in there so she wouldn't have to do it, but I opted out and just went on to say that he would get to meet his new cousin soon. I think this is the only time I am okay with someone calling me fat and think it's quite funny.

1 comment:

  1. That is really funny! Kids are so oblivious. There's no telling how many times people have talked about the baby around him, and it's still big news.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...