Friday, July 4, 2008

What a wonderful start!

Last night Brandon and I decided to start off our 3 day weekend with dinner and a movie. It has been so long since we have gone to the movies together and we were really excited to see the new Will Smith movie - Hancock. We started off the night eating Mexican food - my favorite - and then went to the 8:30 movie. We got back to the house about 10:30 and Brandon decided that he wanted to look around the outside of the house just to check things out. He came back in with the news that it looked like our overflow drain of our hot water heater was draining to the outside. Okay...what exactly does that mean you might ask. It means this...

Draining our hotwater heater from 10:45 to 11:30 and realizing we need to buy a new one. Oh and by the way you won't have hot water until we get a new one...and it's a holiday weekend, so you might not get one until Monday or Tuesday! So, this weekend we have the priveledge of taking COLD showers, washing the dishes with COLD water, washing clothes with COLD water and generally using COLD water for anything where we need water! Can you tell I'm super excited about these things - especially the COLD showers! that. is. my. favorite. part. :) I think instead of morning showers, I'll do evening showers when the attic has heated up the water in the attic to where it is bearable.
I realize I'm complaining about this situation when I should be thankful, that Brandon decide to look around our house and realize the problem before the tank overflowed in the attic and leaked in the ceiling above my closet which would have been an even bigger mess! So, I'm thankful, but it's just not quite the 3 day weekend I had planned! Who knows, if you start out on a low, it can only get better right!? Hope all of you are having a great 4th of July.

2 comments:

  1. I was doing laundry last week and for some reason looked up. Its a good thing I did because I saw wet spots on the ceiling. They said we caught our hot water heater just in time before the bottom fell out and crashed through the ceiling. Fun times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the hot water heater!!!

    We haven't had to deal with that one yet, but when the one goes out behind Beck's bedroom wall, it's going to be tough. There's just a small opening in his closet to get to it. And of course it's right above my bathroom.

    But the important thing is... how was the movie?? It looks really fun. The kids and I saw Wall-E and it was really cute.

    Hope your weekend fares better as it goes along.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...