Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Miscellaneous Pregnancy Stuff

So, last week I took my 1 hour glucose screening and failed by 2 points. Now I have to go in next week and take the 3 hour test. If I pass, it's great and I can keep on doing my normal routine. But if I fail, then I have gestational diabetes and I'll have to adjust my diet. In the mean time 3 days before the test I have a special diet that I have to stick to. That should be fun! :)

On another note, last Thursday when I was sitting outside waiting for the water heater to drain, I noticed that I have started to get the pregnancy "cankles". You know the look, where your calf and ankles connect and you can't tell the difference! I can't wait to see my ankle bones again! BTW, we did finally get our hot water heater replaced and I took a nice long hot shower this morning!


And last but not least, I'm posting a belly picture update of me at 28 weeks. I like the shirt, but I think when I'm shopping from here on out, I should consider multi color shirts because sometimes it's just too much of one color! :)


4 comments:

  1. I'll be praying that your glucose results are good.

    Glad to hear you now have a new, working hot water heater. Hot/warm showers make a difference!

    - Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom called her pregnant swollen ankles "elephant feet" because your leg went straight to your foot and your toes are just little stubs. I'm so looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your glucose test turns out normal this week. Let us know!

    I was going to call you today, and the day got away from me. :(

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu are glowing! So glad that the water heater is fixed. We;ve been praying about your glucose test... can't wait to hear the results. Only a few more weeks until we get to see Mackenzie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...