Thursday, June 26, 2008

Obsessed

Around mother's day, I decided I would like to create a cookbook with all of my family's recipes. I found a website - lulu.com - where you upload your pages and print your book. I thought this was a great idea except that I was going to need to create a template to type all my recipes into. While reading Holly's blog the other day, I read about her blurb books and decided to check out that website. I had heard mention of it a time or two before, but for some reason, I think it was actually seeing images of her printed books, I decided to check it out. I am now obsessed! I am a great procrastinator and so instead of studying during my lunch break these last two days, I've been creating blurbs. All of a sudden I have so many projects that I can use a blurb book for - family cookbook, my dad's 50th birthday celebration (over a year ago), my grandparents 50th anniversary, and a scrapbook of my pregnancy. At the rate my list is growing, it will double by the end of next week! I love the blurb software and I love that I can upload pictures, change the layout, and add whatever text I want. If you haven't checked it out yet, I would definitely recommend it. I know I should be studying this next month, and I will, BUT I think on my lunch breaks, I'll work on my blurb projects! Thanks Holly for the idea! If/when I finish a complete book, I'll post pictures of the actual book!

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love that blurb thing?! I have been obsessed, too. I already have one started for the 50th Anniv., don't know when I will finish it. I wanted to do a book for Steve with photos of his artwork, for Father's Day, but he didn't get me pics with high enough resolution, so that didn't work out. But I am determined to Blurb the Blog! My blog, that is. It's already been slurped and I'm putting it together.

    Can't wait to see what you create. Isn't it a wonderful idea?! You could create picture books for Mackenzie with photos of family members.

    I know you won't forget to study, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...