Wednesday, May 7, 2008

If I was a rich girl...

Since I shared about how much I loved Netflix, I decided I better not forget to give a "shout out" to Amazon.com! I've had a wish list on there since college and I keep it up-to-date for Christmas and Birthdays and any other occasions. When you make these wish lists, it's like imagining you could had all the money in the world and could buy whatever you wanted (of DVD's, Music and Books...). It kind of reminds me of Gwen Stefani's remake of a Fiddler on the Roof song, "If I was a Rich Girl". When I was in elementary school, my Granny used to get the Spiegel catalogs occasionally and save them for me to look at. I would get a pen and paper and write down everything I liked and would have bought if I was an "adult". At the end I would tally it up and see what everything cost. I remember having a total of at least $5000 one time and thinking that it would be so cool if I had that much money and could buy that many clothes, shoes and jewelry. If I had 5000 dollars to spend now, any way I chose, what would I do? Hopefully, I would save some of it or buy something for the house or pay down the car or house note. But, when I think about it a little more, I think I'm still the little girl looking at the catalog, because I have a feeling I would still spend a large amount on clothes, shoes and jewelry!

What would you do with $5000?

2 comments:

  1. I would make a trip to every scrapbook store I knew! Paper, paper and more paper, and more embellishments. And save some of the money of course! For future scrapbook store trips. lol

    I would also buy the kids new clothes and shoes, if there was any money left. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had $5000...I would just keep it. Seriously. Casey and I get "fun money" each month that we can spend however we want...and I just don't spend it. That's so unimaginative, but it's true.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...