Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Ironing Curse

My mom irons everything! When I still lived at home, my mom used to iron in her bedroom on Saturdays or Sundays while watching movies and I sometimes joined her to watch the movies. My dad and brother would leave us alone for those couple of hours and we could watch whatever romance/girlie movie we wanted. In college I ironed as I needed to, but since Brandon and I have been married I have inherited the ironing curse! On Saturdays or Sundays, I grab my netflix movies and head to the bedroom where the ironing board is set up and start ironing and watching my movies. As with my mom, Brandon doesn't usually interupt me while ironing and I can watch any of my old classics I want. During the first trimester, I was so exhausted that I only ironed what needed to be ironed for the week. Because of this, I never really caught up on the ironing and this is what it looked like on Saturday after all the laundry was finished:


It's amazing to me that we can have this many clothing items waiting to be ironed and our closets still look like this:

I think each of us could have gone several more weeks without having any shirts ironed! I think, just maybe, that it might be time for us to clean out our closets! :) Does anyone else, besides my mom and I, have the ironing curse?

5 comments:

  1. I think the last time I was totally caught up on my ironing was the day I ironed all through the Astros 18 inning playoff games against the braves. I used to iron every Sunday night while watching Grays Anatomy. Now, I use Downy Wrinkly Release spray as much as possible and make deals with Matthew to iron for me if I can. Try the downy spray, its pretty handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny that you mentioned this. Just this morning while I was ironing my shirt for work I remembered when I used to stand and iron for hours when the kids were little. Now I don't do that anymore. I don't know what changed, or if I should still be ironing every week. But your Mom (my sister), definitely got that gene. It sort of skimmed past me, I guess.

    Your Mom has so many good organization skills and we would all be better off if we could organize our clothes each week the way she taught you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud. My pile was that big last weekend too...I watched my new obsession (Damages) while I caught up. That's how you turn work into fun work!

    I watched Oprah today and it was a segment on living on less...we could all probably live on less especialy when it comes to clothes...less energy to wash, iron, etc. A lesson for me that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing I hate more the laundry - including washing, drying, hanging, folding, ironing, putting away. Therefore - I don't iron. Either the dry cleaners, Downy Wrinkle Spray, the drier on tumble press do it for me - or our clothes are just wrinkled. Gregg's learned to live with it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Erin. I hate laundry but I hate ironing more. My wonderful hubby does all the ironing which is only what we need ironed to go to church Sunday morning and his uniform for work. This makes me wonder why I'm so happy using cloth diapers! Guess the money saving makes me willing to do anything...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...