Friday, April 11, 2008

The End of the World

For any of you who really know me, know that I am a very emotional person. I cry when I'm sad, happy, mad, frustrated...it runs in the family, we just cry to release our emotions. When I found out I was pregnant I was a little concerned about if my hormones/emotions would go into overdrive and Brandon would think I'm crazier than he already thinks I am. So far it hasn't been bad. I don't think I've really over-reacted to too many things. Besides the microwave incident, I don't think I've been any different than I was pre-pregancy. For all I know, Brandon might feel differently, but for the past 4 months everything has been pretty good...that is until Sunday when it became clear to me (in my pregnancy mind) that it was the-end-of-the-world! :) On Sunday evening about 8:00 I walked into our bedroom and realized that I hadn't finished the laundry for the day. For any other normal person, this wouldn't be a big deal, but for pregnant Charlton, this was huge! I started to think about all that I needed to do around the house and then the tears started. Not just a few tears, but sobbing - what's that about? I told Brandon that I needed to take Monday off so that I could clean and get all of my errands done. He said he didn't really think that was necessary since I should be saving my vacation time for after the baby came and that the house was just fine. This triggered even more tears about how I was going to get "everything" cleaned AND work full time AND study for my exams AND prepare for a baby. WOW - can we say crazy?! To make a long story well, still long...I cried for about an hour, went to work on Monday and Brandon cleaned the house on Monday morning since he was off that day. I feel wonderful now and I can laugh at the whole situation, but at that time I felt completely overwhelmed and everything to me was truly horrible! I hope that this instance is the only crazy moment I have during this pregnancy, but seeing as I still have 5 1/2 months left, I'm pretty sure there will many more to come! :) Hopefully Brandon will continue to be patient with me like he was on Sunday - he told me the only things I needed to do were: study for my exams, iron (because he's horrible at it) and keep our baby healthy! What a wonderful husband! :)

3 comments:

  1. Brandon has always been a good man...little goofy but... You're very lucky.
    I was the most hormonal the first couple weeks after Hope was born. I hope your first weeks are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you could pinpoint what the problems were that you were crying over, even if they weren't really the end of the world. There were a few times after Mallory was born when I just cried...still not sure why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was pregnant with my first, I cried because a lady won a bake-off contest with her cake. I'm sure there were plenty of other things I could have been crying about, but that was the one for me. :)

    I'm glad Brandon made you feel better about everything. But mostly that he cleaned the house! Putting actions behind the words. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...