Friday, March 14, 2008

Long Time Waiting

For the first 4 years of marriage I was in undergraduate and graduate school and therefore it was understood that Brandon and I would not be having children. When I graduated in 2005 there still wasn't any pressure to have kids because my sisters have kids and I still had my architecture exams to pass. While my family appeared to be waiting patiently for us to have children, they secretly were hoping for babies to come soon! Below are my examples of their patience! :)



This is the front and back of the quilt for our baby that my Granny made in 2003! She said she knew she wouldn't be able to make it as quickly as she would want to give it to me.

This is the elephant rocking horse that I saw in the Pottery Barn Kids catalog 2 years ago. It's been in my parent closet for the last year and a half.

We also received a number of other gifts from my sister, mom and grandmother. I joke about the patience, but I'm really glad they were hiding their patience. I love all my gifts and I can't wait to show them to the baby in September! Thank you everyone for everything!

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny. I LOVE the elephant rocking horse! Your Mom is so smart. I suddenly have a whole new lookout for elephants since it's the theme of the nursery. I'm collecting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog! So many good things to share.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...