Saturday, March 15, 2008

GO ROCKETS!

I admit I'm a fair weather fan. When it comes to sports, I enjoy watching football, baseball and basketball occasionally, but I do not by any means keep up with the Houston teams. I first heard the Rockets were doing well when they were about to win their 13th game in a row a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I've been thinking about how I used to watch the Rockets games with my Granny and Papa when I was little. I remember betting a penny to see who could pick the final score. I don't remember much about the games, but I do remember that we would wear our Rockets t-shirts while watching the game. All this week, I've been looking for a photo where Papa put on a suit and tie with his Rockets shirt. Tonight I finally found it, so I had to post the pictures below as proof of our silliness!

Me and Papa in the recliner. It's a little cut off, but we were having fun!


Granny and Papa



As promised, me and Papa with his suit. If you know my Papa, this goofiness does not surprise you. On the back of this photo, Granny wrote the final score: Rockets 109, Trailblazers 86.

GO ROCKETS!!! Go for 22 in a row!

2 comments:

  1. Who is that young man with all of that hair???

    Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of Popa! HOwever, now that I am married to a DIE-HARD Dallas Mavericks fan, I cannot support the Rockets! In fact, R and J even have Mavs jerseys!!! So in our house, we are rooting for whoever plays the stinky Rockets!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...