Monday, January 21, 2008

Friends

I tend to not be very good at keeping in touch with friends when they or I have moved away. I might start out talking to them or emailing them quite a bit, but then after a while I lose track of time and forget to contact them. Eventually I feel like it's been so long, that I'm not sure if we would have much to talk about or I wouldn't know what to say. I realize that this is probably not the case, but I'm just explaining how I tend to justify why I don't do well at keeping in touch.
One exception to this rule is my friend Mandy. Mandy and her husband Adam are good friends of mine and Brandon's from A&M. We hung out a lot together when we were in school and then more when we all moved to Houston. Almost 2 years ago Adam, Mandy and their daughter Hannah moved to Temple and I've seen them a total of 4 or 5 times. This past weekend Mandy and Hannah came into town and we went to dinner and then talked and visited some more at my house. Mandy is one of those friends that no matter how long its been since we've seen (7 months) or talked to each other (1 month), we can pick up right where we left off. I've shared with Mandy a lot more personal stuff than I've shared with a lot of friends, so maybe that's why I seem so comfortable around her.

I'm not sure really why I'm posting all this information...but I am. I think I'm also trying to explain why you had to look at the picture of my sister and her pink flamingo for over 2 weeks! - Time just flies by and I forget to keep in contact with my friends. I'll try harder...but be careful what you wish for, you might find my blog really boring and wish I had left the picture of my sister up! :)

1 comment:

  1. Charlton, I have been checking regularly to see if you had anything new posted. I know that time flies. Especially as much as you work. But, I did want to tell you that Steve, Chloe and I LOVED our sound birthday cards! We got a huge kick out of them. And everyone loved the Napoleon Dynamite card. It was classic!

    Thanks so much, you did a great job staying in touch for our birthdays. I will do my best to do the same.

    P.S. When Chloe got her card she exclaimed, "This is the first card I have ever gotten from Charlton!" She was thrilled. (And it probably wasn't the first one, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment and let me know you were here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...